RE: Mass Loading values for Children at Playgrounds

James,

Section 4.6 of NUREG-6697 (available on-line at www.nrc.gov under reference

library/technical reports) discusses the range of values for mass loading of

soil in air used by the RESRAD dose assessment code. I didn't see a specific

mention of playgrounds, but this may be a starting point. Section 5.6 of the

same reference lists values for soil ingestion, which you may also want to

consider.

Regards,

Ben

ben.morgan@pgnmail.com