Have PuBe source for disposal

I have a PuBe source that I would like to dispose of. Now that the DOE is not taking these

sources, I would like to determine if there are other methods to transfer this source.

The following information details the source:

The Pu-Be source is a Mound Lab source.

Source ID is M541, Mound Lab

80 grams Pu (74 g Pu-239), 5 Ci

LANL ID is 255YRT.

The current configuration is in a 55-gal drum filled with paraffin.

Please contact me with any information you may have.

Thanks ...

Sandy Perle				Tel:(714) 545-0100 / (800) 548-5100

Director, Technical			Extension 2306

ICN Worldwide Dosimetry Service	Fax:(714) 668-3149

ICN Pharmaceuticals, Inc.		E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.neI

ICN Plaza, 3300 Hyland Avenue  	E-Mail: sperle@icnpharm.com

Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Personal Website: http://sandyfl.nukeworker.net