OOPS(radiography overexposure)

Title: OOPS(radiography overexposure)

Janet Westbrook inquired about an over exposure incident. From the description I believe the incident occurred to someone not familier with radiography who found a radiographic source, picked it up and put it in his back pocket.  The folding over of the skin flap and subsequent developments are vividly covered  in a  NUREG on radiography training.  I do not remember the number, but it was a low number, 00??, with a yellow and black cover and printed in landscape format.  In a former lifetime I used it in a rad safety training class I taught for users of fixed gauges.

Kjell Johansen
Point Beach Nuclear Plant
Two Rivers, WI
kjell.johansen@wepco.com