RE: Radiation hypersensitivity

If the Hormesis literature could gain scietific concensus we all would enjoy

much easier life. And if we all could agree that there is no excess risk

after low level exposure the discussion of "radiation-hypersensitvity" had

no place at ali

to answer your question Dale Preston in his lecture last year on IRPA 10

said tha the Life Span Study (of Hiroshima and Nagasaki survivers) shows  a

linearity (i.e. small excess risk)  for solid cancer even in the 0.1 Sv

exposure group. Leukemia data may be consistent for either nonthreshold or

threshold theory. Don't ask ME to further support the LNT , my opinion is

that the risk of lowlevel exposure is uncertain due to the limitaions of

epidemiologic methods and the inherent uncertainties of field research (take

retrospective dose assesssment for example). Therefore accurate aswers ill

be given only by  mollecular research.

 Dov (Dubi) Brickner  M.D.

Beer Sheva , ISRAEL