Re: lochbaum on nrc website

Ruth said -

>Once again Lochbaum had nothing constructive to say.  All he did was play the same old "blame NRC, blame NRC, no matter what's wrong, blame NRC" game.  And as long as this claptrap gets put up on RADSAFE I am going to make this kind of response.

I usually ignore this stuff, read it to see if there are any valid points, or at least to see what criticisms are being leveled even if they are not valid, which appears to be most often the case. This one to me represented such an egregious offense that it got a response. David Hyder's comments about moral equivalence expressed it well. Any group that plays with this kind of political opportunism, when lives of innocent people are at stake, has crossed a major ethical line and needs to be called on it. Thanks, Ruth.

Mike

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP
Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
Vanderbilt University
1161 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37232-2675
Phone (615) 322-3190