Re: lay off worker?

 I think this policy is very enlightened and I would support it.

 But, does anyone notice the irony of taking a person who is so

radioactive that s/he cannot work in a nuclear facility, and

sending him/her out to work with the public and children.

 United Way: "So why are you working here this week rather than

at the plant."

 Worker: "I'm so radioactive that I set off all the alarms

there.

 Where are you going...?"

 Stephen Frantz

 Reed College