RE: NCI and Hudson Riverkeepers Request Emergency Shutdown of IP 2/3

Let us not forget the cost of construction of cooling towere , the risks to builders i.e. deaths attributed to cooling tower construction , and the creation of a lovely moist and warm invironment for legionaire's desease.(If I am not mistaken it was a cooling tower which provided the breeding ground for the big epidemic which killed several veterans way back when.) Also we must take into account........THEY ARE FISH! MOST OF US EAT THEM.....REMEMBER? I say we need to look into this "Ronald McDonald' clown. From what I've heard he is responsible for killing millions of fish every year and turning them into a thing called a 'McFish Sandwich'. Sounds kinda fishy to me!

Floyd Flanigan

-----Original Message-----

From: DWhitfil@KDHE.STATE.KS.US [mailto:DWhitfil@KDHE.STATE.KS.US]

Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 6:06 PM

To: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Subject: Re: NCI and Hudson Riverkeepers Request Emergency Shutdown of

IP 2/3

Well I'd hate to ask them how this compares to other fish kills that occur

throughout the year around the US. Oh... <slap>... I can't resort to that

logic thing here can I?

My opinions only...

DJWhitfill

                    "Raymond A. Hoover"

                    <rayhoover@HOTMAIL.COM>       To:     tstead@ntirs.org, ncohen12@HOME.COM, radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

                    Sent by:                      cc:

                    owner-radsafe@list.vand       Subject:     Re: NCI and Hudson Riverkeepers Request Emergency Shutdown

                    erbilt.edu                     of IP 2/3

                    11/15/01 03:59 PM

                    Please respond to

                    "Raymond A. Hoover"

You know, having been raised less than 2 miles from Indian Point, I can

remember having discussions about where to go to get the biggest fish.  I

know (or rather used to know) guys who claim to have seen sturgeon in the

canal that were at least 6 feet long.  I can't say I can remember anyone

ever having commented on fish kills though.