Mr. Lochbaum

I sent an email to Mr. Lochbaum asking why he thought

that spent fuel could explode and if he was a degreed

nuclear engineer.

He said that he is a college graduate with a nuclear

engineering degree.

He also said that he never stated that spent fuel

would explode but only that the consequences would be

equal to a 10 kiloton device.

What he was referring to were only the radiological

doses to people and not all of the devastation that

accompanies a nuclear bomb.

So, by simply saying "conseqnces" and not qualifying

it AT ALL, a reasonably prudent person would think of

all the consequences of a nuclear explosion - all the

devastation, demolished buildings, flesh ripped/burned

from bones, etc.

This is a clear example of how failing to clarify

one's statement and tell the entire truth is nothing

more than a deliberate attempt to misleed people.

Where I come from, that is called a lie.

Did I hear someone say that the UCS is supposed to be

unbiased and neutral?

Tim

http://personals.yahoo.com