From: Norman Cohen [mailto:ncohen12@HOME.COM]

Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 6:05 AM

To: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu

Subject: legionaires disease

Dear Floyd,

Yes, I know that. In fact I was sure that the disease started in Philly at

the Ben Franklin Hotel at a legionairres convention. Thats why I was

surprised to see a reference to cooling towers causing the disease. I forget

which radsafer posted that info last

wek.

norm

"Flanigan, Floyd" wrote:

> As to the legionaire's issue:The desease got it's name from an American

Legion Post down wind from a cooling tower which bred the bacteria which

causes the desease.Several of those whom frequented the post contracted the

desease and died , hence the name.