Re: Resnikoff on SNF transport to YMP [FW]

Yes - I quite agree!  BUT look closely - these people are 'reported as

using' official data from NRC and DOE in their citing of potential

effects.

Be it the NRC report which they purport to claim that a loss of water in

a spent fuel storage pool will cause an "explosive fire" and a

radioactive plume of contamination similar to a Hiroshima bomb (thus the

10 kiloton reference) - OR this DOE report that supposedly predicts

exposure rates that DOT doesn't allow.

No wonder these people come up with these ideas??  They don't seem to be

getting their data from tabloids - but from the very government agencies

that are supposed to have access to all the experts.

So - where is all this coming from???  Inept official scientists?

Verbal diarrhea?  Mad musings or mis understanding and mis quoting of

the remarks in these reports?  It is so hard to evaluate without the raw

data - and for those who have no idea of the science and how to verify

the calculations and conclusion themselves - just what are they supposed

to do?