From: john grant
To: Radsafe
Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2001 1:23 AM
Subject: Re: small correction to Nuclear Energy vs Renewable Energy

I had guessed that number was wrong but this brings up another point.  In the US, large windmills cost about $1000 per kilowatt installed.  But if, in the UK, they cost £1000 then they are somewhat more expensive in the UK.

John Grant

julian ginniver wrote:

Apologies to all who read the original article, firstly for some of the typos and secondly because I got some units wrong.  When discussing the cost of construction of both wind turbines and nuclear plants I stated that the costs ranged from £1000 -£1500 per megawatt of installed capacity.  This should have read per kilowatt of installed capacity.