RE: volcano?

Why is it foolish to site major cities in areas of volcanoes which are

relatively inactive?  Surely it is more foolish to site major cities in

areas of active earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, etc?  We can

probably think of some environmental reason not to locate a major city at

most places they are presently located.

Not the government's (my employer) opinion, only mine

William K. Tuttle III

Portland VA Medical Center