Water monitoring

Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 15:27:49 -0700

From: "Tony Harrison" <Tony.Harrison@state.co.us>

Subject: Water monitoring

A local community is asking about protecting its surface water supply

from terrorists with radioactive material.  Can anyone recommend

vendors/instruments/websites offering realtime monitoring of pipes &

process lines for alpha/beta/gamma that's inexpensive, easy to use and

readily available?  I know such things are out there but I don't have

much experience with them.  I also know the alpha part is the tough one

& will probably require something less than real time.  Any help will be

appreciated.

Tony Harrison, MSPH

Colorado Dept. of Public Health & Environment

Laboratory and Radiation Services Division

(303)692-3046

tony.harrison@state.co.us