On-Line Radon Calculation Tools

Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 07:21:57 -0600

From: "Kai Kaletsch" <info@eic.nu>

Subject: On-Line Radon Calculation Tools

- ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C16CDD.0B4618C0

charset="iso-8859-1"

For Radsafers Dealing with Radon:

Radon/Radon Progeny calculation tools have been posted at =

http://members.shaw.ca/eic/Tools/index.htm or you can go through our =

main page at http://www.eic.nu . The toolkit contains programs to =

calculate radon source terms for various situations and to model the =

behavior of radon and its progeny in different scenarios. The tools were =

developed for uranium mining or milling facilities but may have uses in =

other fields. Enjoy!

Other tools will be added as they become available. I'm also planning to =

write up the theory behind the calculations and upload it (need to find =

the time). The theory is quite straight forward, but the arithmetic can =

get tedious without a program. By posting the tools on the web, I am =

hoping that they receive a wide review and become a standard accessible =

to all. If you find a bug, please let me know at kai@eic.nu .

All the code can be seen by viewing the page source (Warning:It has not =

been cleaned up or documented yet). No compiled code is used.=20

Sincerely,

Kai Kaletsch

Environmental Instruments Canada Inc.