rad detection goggles

Some time ago - somewhere - I saw something about super nightvision

goggles fitted with a phosphor that could be used to actually see

contamination.

My first reaction was "Sure ---- right!!!" and I went on.

I figured if it worked at all it must be for immense levels that I would

never want to be goggle close to!

If indeed these DO exist and they ARE reasonably sensitive - I'd like to

know more.

If they can get an image from a few mR/hr - then they would be great

from trouble shooting "test stands" for HV and vacuum systems that

usually end up producing x-ray they shouldn't and don't need to and

prevention would be better than shielding.  Being able to "SEE" the

offending elements would greatly aide the designers.

I have had SOME success with localization using a crude x-ray telescope

and lots of intuition - so a good look would do so much more.