Re: Risks of low level radiation - New Scientist Article

> From: "Jim Nelson" <nelsonjima@HOTMAIL.COM>

> Phillippe,

> I know this is not the position endorsed by Radiation Science and Health (so

> dare I speak it without fear of attack), but Lubin's and Smith et al.

> refutation of Cohen's data were very convinvcing to me.

> Jim

Lubin, Samet, Smith, and other LNT-committed never produced a "refutation of

Cohen's data" (and didn't refute Cohen's analysis either :-)  They only did

a song-and-dance on why Cohen's study COULD be in error. They couldn't

identify an error; and Cohen did produce quantitative analyses that refute

their disingenuous rationalizations. Since nobody cares about science, but

only that the LNT be sustained by NCRP/ICRP et al., they just need rhetoric

to con innumerate politicians and the uninformed bureaucracy.

Jim