Re: Lancet Dec. 8th abstract - Chernobyl thyroid cancer incidence

The Chernobyl nuclear power plant accident happened on April 26, 1986

No thyroid cancer was seen in 9472 children born in 1987-89,

whereas one thyroid cancer was recorded in 2409 children born April 27, 1986, to Dec 31, 1986,

and 31 thyroid cancers in 9720 born Jan 1, 1983, to April 26, 1986, respectively.

Short-lived radioactive fallout caused by the Chernobyl accident probably induced thyroid

cancer in

children living near Chernobyl.

            I paraphrased, but what am I missing?  This is what they wrote.

Mike Lantz