RE: "Are you a statistician?"

Dr. Nelson responded to me privately rather quickly after I bounced the "Are you

a statistician?" question back at him with the information that he is recent

Ph.D. in Epidemiology with 35 hours of Biostatistics coursework.  He said the

Cohen radon data/analysis debate had been studied as a class project in Advanced

Epidemiology.  He did not indicate where his degree is from or who was teaching

the Advanced Epi course.

I think that is a sufficient basis for an interesting discussion about radon

epidemiology, if Dr. Nelson can get past pulling rank and belittling those who

disagree with him.

Best regards.

Jim Dukelow

Pacific Northwest National Laboratory

Richland, WA

jim.dukelow@pnl.gov

These comments are mine and have not been reviewed and/or approved by my

management or by the U.S. Department of Energy.