RE: Source of cancer data

I guess the question really becomes which is more relevant, incidence or

mortality? Having cancer is unfortunate, but if it's benign, it's not a big

deal. And what purpose would it serve to include such cancers? If it's not

benign, but generally curable, or occurs so late in life that it's hardly

distinguishable from other "natural" causes of death, it's more unfortunate,

but still not incredibly significant. IMO, mortality data are the common

denominator and should therefore be most useful (and I suspect that

"physician error" is not a confounding factor that would invalidate Dr.

Cohen's work--in fact, since it no doubt occurs randomly across the

population, it should have a null effect).

Jack Earley

Radiological Engineer