Tc-99 Background

Hi all,

Does anyone out there have good numbers for the background range of Tc-99 in

soil.  A reference would be helpful also.  We are caught up in the recycled

U issue and trying to show that we most probably didn't receive it at Weldon

Spring, but a few of our samples show some very low level "hits".  I

personally feel comfortable explaining detection limits, instrument noise,

<100% chemical separations, etc., but our project director does not.  Any

help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

David P. Cowell

Weldon Spring Site Remedial Action Project

St. Charles, MO

dcowell@wssrap.com