RE: Ship Yard Workers - John Boice

Ted,

You do not know why the report was not accepted.  According to the NCRP 136,

which I sure you read, Jim Muckerheide's asertion that the NSW report shows

hormesis ignores selection bias.  As I said, I am not a statistican or

epidemologist.  I do intend to take time to review some some of these

arguements to see the validity these charges.

My impression is the epidemiology is not really a science, but an analytical

tool.  Consider that the analysis of cholera case in London showed that the

source was a praticular well.  However, without an understand of biology,

the cause was not recognized as being a bacteria.  That is difference

between the work naturalist did and what Darwin concluded.

Have a nice holiday.

-- John