Re: Sr-90 RTG power

30% conversion would be ridiculous!  If that were so then generators

would be better made from fuel heated thermopiles - as max Carnot Cycle

efficiency is something like 15% and that is just the engine - there are

losses in the generator too.  Even Sterling Cycle is less than 30% - 25%

I think.  I believe that would also be an improvement for nuke

propulsion too - and fewer moving parts!!!

The hard numbers Paul sent say 4%.  higher than I would have thought -

but believable