Von: Les Crable <lescrable@HOTMAIL.COM>

An: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu <radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu>

Datum: Samstag, 12. Jänner 2002 22:10

Betreff: Objectivity

Les and RADSAFErs,

I am subscribed to this list as a private person on my private e-mail

address and therefore I do not need to attach any disclaimers to my

postings. As it can be seen from my identification in every posting (I hate

any anonymous postings!) I work for the Austrian government and additionally

I can inform, that I am beneath other work now working on the implementation

of the European Union Radiation Protection Directive into Austrian law.

Not only that I have to accept the EU Directive because of my affiliation, I

support it wholeheartedly. There is no political and even less a scientific

reason to trash the LNT and the recommendations of international scientific

bodies. They will always be the background of any national decision.

We do not need scientific "outlaws" to tell us, that we are fools. We do not

need them to tell us, that all our legislation is "fraud", the activities of

internationally well established research is "self serving" and that LNT is

a "fraud to.....".

Even less we need people who tell us, that we are suffering a radiation

deficiency and that we should be irradiated voluntarily or even

involuntarily, to receive our doses to be healthy. And they tell us, that

the doses we - or even our children - should receive, were much higher than

the maximum permissible doses for radiation workers. When claiming that

children should be exposed to radiation when entering school we come very

close to an approach, which I thought would  only have been able in such

totalitary dictatorship states like the Third Reich.

A few RADSAFErs have since long critizised this attitude. I suppose I have

shown my support for them earlier, for the latest, read my recent posting,

directed to Jim.

In my opinion, we do not need on RADSAFE the constant anti-nuclear

propaganda of ........, but we do not need the  m i l i t a n t

anti-LNT-propaganda as well, with wording as cited above. This does not

mean, that research into this question should be banned. We sure do not need

such persons, who claim that Sieverts per year would be healthful, citing

some more than dubious sources for their claims, because this makes the list

and health physics really vulnerable in public opinion.

I know personally, that this list is subject to press monitoring. Do not let

us make it to a forum for both extreme anti- as well as extreme

pro-radiation persons.

Best regards,

Franz