Cohen's latest reward

Dr. Cohen,

In looking back at the archives, you have changed the wording and the amount

of your offer quite a bit.

Drs. Field and Smith have repeatedly "specifically suggested" in their Forum

paper and follow-up papers in Health Physics that one of the major factors,

among others, most likely causing your paradoxical findings is cross-level

bias or inter county variability. You previously said they do not have to

perform the calculations to test it, you will do that. Let me repeat, they

specifically suggested a cause, namely cross-level bias or intercounty

variability. You have not tested whether or not their specific suggestion is

the cause of your paradoxial findings. In fact, you never answered their

last letter in the Health Physics Journal.  I know you said the HPJ would

not allow you a follow-up letter, but you responded on Radsafe to Lubin's

last letter in detail.  You said previously that all someone has to do is

offer a plausible cause and you will test it yourself, but you haven't.

If someone publishes a peer reviewed paper, within one year from today,

showing that it is possible that cross-level bias or inter county

variability caused your finding, will you also present the AMERICAN CANCER

SOCIETY with a $5,000 (your previous reward amount) award in the name of

Smith and Field?

I would appreciate a yes or no.

Don Smith