Re: Nucl Week on French Acad of Med statement on LNT & "Disinformation"

I'm sure that's true, Ben, but I was just commenting that it would have been nicer if the FA had protested the whole idea of moving from the ICRP 26 driven rules to ICRP 60 ones, as they seem to be the one national group that dares to say anything different from the PC viewpoint.

Regards,

Chris

"Morgan, Ben" wrote:

 Greetings:A 20 mSv/y limit and a 100 mSv over 5 y limit are not necessarily the same thing. As proposed by ICRP, the limts were 100 mSv over 5 y with no single year to exceed 50 mSv. This allows for doses above 20 mSv in some years (nuclear plant maintenance outages, research programs, etc.) to be balanced out with doses below 20 mSv in other years.While it adds up to the same thing, a 20 mSv/y limit does not provide this flexibility and, I believe, this is what the French Academicians are protesting.Regards,Benben.morgan@pgnmail.com

--
Provincial RSO / LSO / U-VSO
Alberta Cancer Board, Room 4027, 11560 University Ave,