Re: Deaths PREVENTED BY radon in U.S.

"Rad Health"

 I wish your name did mean sunshine. I hope it will soon mean supplementing  the deficiency of ionizing radiation that seems to afflict most of the

USA population.

Please acknowledge this correction of what you said I said, below.  "FOR WHATEVER REASON, selecting Iowa, the 1% outlier NOT showing significantly

LESS lung cancer mortality with home radon 1.0 - 5.0 pCi/l, than with <0.5 pCi/l, does invalidate generalizing to the other 49 states from Iowa.

You seem to agree that Iowa is different.

Only a double-blind, placebo study with reproducable results can prove that radiation IN THAT DOSE causes (or  prevents) cancer. Let's do it. .

Howard Long

PS I met Muckerheide at a Doctors for Disaster Preparedness meeting. Expansion of his comments like those here was well received as consitent with the

experiences of the dozens of independent scientists there. That tape is available from jersnav@mindspring .com.