Re: The "R" word is now junk mail

> That was comedy.  This is pathetic.

> MR. STABIN - I propose that, from now on, anyone who continues this thread

be granted a 30 day "vacation" from RADSAFE.

So, the proposal is that we cannot discuss radon, its associated radiation

dose, and radiation risk on Radsafe? Any other topics that we should declare

"verboten"? The thread appears to me to be circular and unproductive, but

this is not my area of specialty, so perhaps they are discussing nuances

that have some substantive points that others may want to read and mull over

later. If I were to start a thread on how the remainder of the body

correction should be properly applied in internal dose calculations in all

cases, we could fill up Megabytes (and we have, but not on Radsafe) with

material that others would not find very illuminating. These radon

discussions have become heated, which is good, and I have been trying to

monitor the posts for personal, ugly comments. I did send a message off line

a few weeks ago to a few participants asking them to tone down some of the

rhetoric, but my feeling is that the discussions since then have been

pointed, but not in violation of the list rules about personal comments. I

do not wish to run this list with such a heavy hand that I pounce on every

slightly negative or off topic comment, as some seem to wish. I have

repeatedly suggested that list members ignore material that does not

interest them and move on with their lives; it ain't worth getting stressed

over. The list is not "clogged" with these discussions so that nothing else

can get through; many other messages are posting every day and people seem

to be getting the help they need with individual issues. Meanwhile various

discussion topics continue on in the background, to the interest of some and

the boredom of others. List discipline is, IMHO, a last resort to be used in

rare cases involving clear violations of list rules. Being long winded and

argumentative is not a violation of list rules, or your moderator would be

on "enforced vacation" regularly (witness this post).

Mike

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP

Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences

Vanderbilt University

1161 21st Avenue South

Nashville, TN 37232-2675

Phone (615) 322-3190