Re: Reid challenges Price Anderson Act

To all concerned:  I will weigh in on "worst case" for yucca Mountain  after the EIS is published (and then you all can read it anyway).  I work on the EIS, and can't really comment on it at this point.

I will tell you all (and this is in the published DEIS) that DOE does not use the term "worst case."  The term used is "maximum reasonably foreseeable accident."  I don't like  the use of "maximum" (for grammatical and syntax reasons) and would call it "worst reasonably foreseeable accident."  DOE also defines "reasonably foreseeable" as having a net probability of occurrence of 1E-7 (one in ten million).

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com