Re: Lung cancer mortality from radon versus mortality fromother<plus>Radon...

Professor Mossman,

"Cohen - must convince the scientific community that everyone else

is wrong [who accepts LNT]." ?  Not so. He and others have already.

At 2 presentations I witnessed, Doctors for Disaster Preparedness meetings,

Cohen did convince all present (including several Nobel Prize winners) that

his data does refute LNT. Furthermore, statisticians have witnessed

on radsafe that LNT is implausible, given Cohen's data.

Furthermore, LNT for chemicals is incompatible with the daily practice

of any physician, as we carefully dose poisons (most pharmaceuticals having LD

50s,

like ionizing radiation). Prescribing radiation UNDER THRESHHOLD DOSE

should soon be boosting immunity to infections (as in AIDS), speeding wound

healing,

and stimulating resistance to cancer. Now, it minimizes restenosis in coronary

stents.

Would you prohibit - or delay -  individual choice of these dose-dependent

benefits?

Howard Long