Re: brachytherapy - vs. restenosis scar tissue formation in arteries

In a message dated 01/28/2002 2:26:48 AM Pacific Standard Time, maury@webtexas.com writes:

The radiation
prevents the formation of excessive scar tissue. I do not know how this
ties into the exchange between jenday1 and Howard.

Thanks that's what I thought, and it ties into John's and Howard's comments as follows:

Howard said:

"Prescribing radiation UNDER THRESHHOLD
DOSE should soon be boosting immunity to infections (as in AIDS), speeding wound
healing, and stimulating resistance to cancer. Now, it minimizes restenosis
in coronary stents.  "

To which John replied:  "...your
comment about radiation to prevent restenosis makes me wonder how much you
know about the subject of radiation in medicine."

So, I thought that seemed to imply that John didn't think that radiation reduced restenosis, and I thought it did, and you and others confirmed it does.  I just wanted to clear the exchange up in my own mind.

Barbara