Why is it....

After watching Pres. Bush's State of the Union last night, I am wondering if

there is

any reasonable way to get him to pronounce the word 'Nuclear" correctly.  I

cringed each

time he referred to 'Nuke-yu-ler' threats, instead of what I believe to be

the correct version, 'new-cle-ar'.   I have no serious beef with W's nuclear

policies,  but I have come to associate the 'Nuke-yu-ler' pronunciation with

those less informed folks who just might be throwing around some new

words......    Although I do seem to remember hearing the same pronunciation

from Jimmy Carter, who, I believe, was an officer in the Navy's Nuclear

program...   Let's see, one is a Democrat, the other a Republican, so it

can't be a political orientation matter,  Although they're both from the

South....  Uh oh, I see a perilous path ahead.....

Forget it.  Let's get back to the Radon Wars.  Another Civil War we don't

need!

Bob Westerdale

PS. Absolutely no disrespect intended for anyone who prefers Nuke-yu-ler.