RE: incident details

Greetings.

	In my previous life as a member of the US Navy, I was aboard a ship when

salt water was accidentally sprayed into a power panel. The result was an

immediate vaporization of silver-plated solid copper bus bars that were

approximately 1/4 inch thick and four inches wide. The bus bars carried

power from the ship's 1500KW generator (450VAC 3 phase). It is my opinion

that if the camera cable contacted a high-tension line in the building,

which is likely to have been a 480 volt one if it was for an overhead crane,

then it is entirely possible that a portion of the Iridium source was

vaporized. One of our members cited the extreme temperatures needed to cause

vaporization but believe me, several thousand amperes at 480 volts is fully

capable of generating enough instantaneous heat to do just that.

Sincerely,

		Jim Darrough

		Health Physicist

		Oregon State University