Re: dose limits for members of the public

For Sweden it is presently 0.1 mSv/yr (10 mrem/yr) - for a critical group

outside any one activity (like that of a nuclear power plant) - and 1 mSv/yr

for the total from all activities.

It may be of general interest to the Radsafers group to know (unless I

mentioned it earlier) that we now are heading for 0.01 mSv/yr - the decision

was taken three months ago. I spoke with two "inside" political party

members (two different parties) and asked about the reasons - explaining

that you get 0.2 mSv/yr from your own body and things like that.

I basically got the following:

1. It is politically correct

2. No one (among the politicians) understands the scientific issue

3. The parties have their fixed standpoints and the party members should

hence follow their party

My personal opinion about this is not politically correct,

Bjorn Cedervall    bcradsafers@hotmail.com