Re: dose limits for members of the public

Dear Bjorn,

According with European ALARA Network Issue 9 - March 2001

http://ean.cepn.asso.fr/

Sweden

 Member of the Public 1mSv/year

“Workers A” and Major Students

100 mSv /5 years & 50 mSv/ year

“Workers B” and Minor Students

6 mSv/year

Pregnant Women and Foetus

1 mSv  (foetus) *

* for the remainder pregnancy period

Workers in exceptional circumstances (excluding emergency situations)

case by case (needs SSI approval)

About your statement "The individual increase in dose to the general

public shall be below 0.01 mSv per person and year from each separate

activity."

This is not a change in dose limit - This is what I wrote in my last message

constraint, this is not applied to the practice but to the source into the

practice or only to the source.

In normal exposure situations annual doses are either being delivered  or

will certainly occur in the future - These may also be situations in which

the exposure is not certain to occur and the attributable dose may have only

a small probability of being incurred. These are termed situations of

potential exposure.

For all these circumstances is necessary to fix dose to public to be sure,

that the external and internal sum will never be above 1 mSv/y limit

Jose de Julio Rozental

joseroze@netvision.net.il

Israel