RE: Sr-90 RTGs

Title: RE: Sr-90 RTGs

>Does anyone know what the physical form Sr-90 RTGs would be in?

At least in some cases, strontium titanate pellets were used.

-------

Yes -- I checked that just two days ago in a couple of books I have, which include chapters on RTGs.

Apparently the strontium titanate is the preferred form because of its heat resistance -- m.p. around 1,900 C, if I remember the figure correctly.

What I wasn't able to find out however, is any information on shielding requirements/practice to protect against those Bremsstrahlung x-rays....  anyone ?

Jaro