Re: California - Battleground for (In)Sane Regulation

In a message dated 2/24/02 1:38:41 PM Pacific Standard Time, BLHamrick@AOL.COM writes:

Dear Radsafers,

Yet another example of the tension between science and political capital has recently arisen.  California's legislature has, in the last two weeks, been introduced to three pieces of legislation:

SB 2065 (Kuehl) on "Radioactive Waste"
SB 1444 (Kuehl) "Radioactive Contamination Prevention Act"
SB 1623 (Romero) "Radiation Safety Act of 2002"

(These are all available at the California Bill Information site (http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html)

Barbara, I forwarded this to my family and friends in California.  One is a retired CHP. Perhaps he will get in touch with the legislature.

John Andrews
Knoxville, Tennessee