Looking for a mini-probe detector for radiation dosimetry

Dear Collegues,

A few years ago, I have seen a very small radiation detector (mini-probe)

which uses, I guess, a very small scintillator at the end of a string. The

signal form the mini-scintillation probe was read by using laser technique.

It was like a thin string, at the end of which the mini-probe is located.

Can any of you help me out to find this kind of mini-probe detector? I need

a mini-probe detector which can measure the radaition field in 10-1000

mrad/hr.

Thanks in advance,

Chan

Chan-Hyeong Kim, Ph.D

Assistant Research Professor

Radiation Safety Officer

Dept of Mechanical, Aerospace and Nucl Eng

NES Bldg 1-19, Tibbits Ave.

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

Troy, NY 12180-3590

Office: (518) 276-2212