Re: ARTICLE: Fallout likely caused 15,000 deaths

This morning MSNBC had a similar article that included dose estimates.  The

areas, shown on a map, receiving the maximum dose had a dose of 3-10 mGy

over a long period.  The period was not stated, but was probably 12 years.

The discussion of dose (only found in a "Fact File") included the following;

"The exposures are on top of any radiation occurring naturally."  However,

there was no mention of what the dose might be from radiation occurring

naturally.

http://msnbc.com/news/717299.asp

Three anti-science activist groups were quoted in the article and links were

provided only to them at the bottom of the story:

 "Institute for Energy and Environmental Research

 Alliance for Nuclear Accountability

 Physicians for Social Responsibility"

At the bottom of the story is a box where one may rate the story from "1"

(really bad) to "7" (really good).   At the beginning of the story there is

also a link to the author's email address.