From: Jerry Cohen [mailto:jjcohen@PRODIGY.NET]
Sent: Friday March 01, 2002 9:49 PM
To: radsafe@list.vanderbilt.edu
Subject: fallout "deaths"

The following is from the What's New website:

. FALLOUT: "EVERYONE HAS BEEN EXPOSED TO FALLOUT FROM TESTING."
So what?  A wildly irresponsible study from the Center of Disease
Control estimates that fallout from testing will result in 11,000
cancer deaths.  Would you believe zero?  Atmospheric testing was
dumb, and any testing now is dumber.  But the CDC study assumes a
linear, no-threshold model, which is clearly wrong.  There is no
evidence that low levels cause cancer and some evidence that low
radiation levels may stimulate the body's protective mechanisms.