Re: Colorado radiation conspiracy

Radsters,

There was an article in the HPS Journal in the last couple of years

where they collected about 1,000 background measurements in Colorado.  I

believe it was a Colorado State University project.  I am currently on

the road in Chattanooga, so I can't provide the citation.

I have performed hundreds of surveys in Colorado over the years, mostly

for UMTRA sites.

In Grand Junction, we used 10 - 14 uR/h as the background range.

In Denver, it is slightly higher, up to about 20 uR/h over some front

range deposits.

The old ORNL Berven/Myrick background study collected about 30 samples

in Colorado and found average Ra-226 concentrations at 1.4 pCi/g.

When I get back to the office next week I may be able to find more

information about background values for the other cities that had UMTRA

mills and vicinity properties surveys.

Phil Egidi

phil.egidi@state.co.us