Colorado Pocket Dosimeter Requirements

Colorado has recently required that we compare our

monthly TLD results with our daily pocket dosimeter

readings, at the end of each month and conduct an

investigation if the variation between the two exceeds

20%. Needless to say, if a person "mis-reads" the

pocket dosimeter by just 1 mrem each day, the variance

can easily exceed the 20%.

I was wondering if anyone has heard of any other

regulatory authority with this requirement and also if

this is a valid comparison (dose -vs- exposure).

Thanks

Bruce Bristow

Radiation Consultants

e-mail: radcons@yahoo.com