Re: Information Request

Thanks for the links. I've spent some time looking for the standards you list, but without a lot of luck. I'd continue to hunt for the standards, but I suspect they would not really answer my questions anyway. Could you please tell me specifically:
  1. What is the measurement uncertainty at 5 to 20 microR/hr of your monitors when new?
  2. What would be the expected drift in the calibration after shipping, storage and time in use?
  3. When a monitor is failing to measure accurately due to component failure, how would this be indicated?

    I see a lot of potential for your monitors and I don't want to give the impression that I'm just being critical. I would like to know how accurate the readings are that we are beginning to see from hobby radiation monitors around the country. I think the Health Physics Society should be ready to answer questions about what these readings mean and I would like to head off a panic due to someone's hobby monitor reading high.

    Mark Hogue
    mark.hogue@srs.gov
    "But we surely overrate the usefulness of what we like to call "stimulation" and underrate the need for time, peace of mind, mature reflection." -  Susan Haack

    "DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily represent Westinghouse Savannah River Co. or the United States Department of Energy."

    "Bryan Boardman/Aware Electronics Corp." <boardmanb@aw-el.com>

    03/06/02 04:42 PM
    Please respond to "Bryan Boardman/Aware Electronics Corp."