Re: Jr-Sr HP

At 12:00 PM 03/05/2002 -0500, Glenn Marshall wrote:

>Does anyone have at their fingertips the definition of a Junior HP and

>Senior HP?

Glenn and Radsafers,

  "Junior and Senior HP" are titles associated with power plant contract RP

Technicians. A Senior RP Technician is a technician that has enough RP

training and experience to satisfy ANSI requirements for a RP Technician.

Older nuclear power plants, such as mine, are held to ANSI 18.1 which

requires two years experience to be a "Senior".  Newer plants have to meet

ANSI 3.1 which specifies 3 years of experience.  A Junior RP technician is

a technician who does not meet the experience requirements. Juniors can be

brand new to the radiation protection field. I had a Junior RP technician

in my site-specific training last week that is an Auxiliary Operator. We

are using the AO as a Junior during our upcoming outage. I also have

several clerks that are filling Junior RP Technician positions.

Tony

Tony Hedges

RPT Instructor

thedges1@twcny.rr.com