Re: More on "Mobile Cherobyl" and PTSD

In a message dated 3/11/02 9:35:37 AM Mountain Standard Time, ncohen12@comcast.net writes:

However, since you assure me that the transports are 100% safe, and that
this accident will never occur, you have nothing to worry about, and
thus there will be no PTSD from Yucca/Mobile Chernobyl..

I never assured you of any such thing!!!!!  I never said 100% safe! Nor would I.  Moreover, I never said accidents won't happen -- I spend a lot of time analyring accidents, as I have written on RADSAFE.  I am co-author of a document analyzing spent fuel behavior in an accident (NUREG/CR-6672).  I don't even know what "100% safe" is supposed to mean. I said "Mobile Chernobyl" couldn't happen, which means that in a transportation accident involving spent fuel, a criticality wouldn't and couldn't occur because the spent fuel would be dispersed and one would not get a critical mass.   Your statement is typical anti-nuke distortion.  Why are you surprised that some of us are angered when our words are twisted this way?

PTSD has been caused by the government as well. There are some people
who were affected by the civil defense/air raid drills of the 1950s,
where kids were told how to "survive" an atomic blast. So, when you all
sue Public Citizen and Greenpeace, please sue surviving members of the
Eisenhower adminstration as well. ;-)

Could you cite an actual case, please?  I was there.  Whose suing?  Did I ever say I would sue?  I wouldn't waste my time.

As far as NIRS's website, I'll look when I get the chance. You could
always email them. I'm sure they'd welcome your comments.

I doubt it.

Now, could you please address my question:  If media presentations cause PTSD, do you think using the phrase "Mobile Chernobyl" would?

Ruth Weiner, Ph. D.
ruthweiner@aol.com