Re: Studies of Biological Effects from exposure to RF electromagneticfields

Dear Mr. Talley,

Biophysics Department (http://www.med.gazi.edu.tr/akd/temel/biyofizik/bolumhakkinda.html) of Medical Faculty at Gazi University in Ankara TURKIYE,  has been studying Biological Effects of Extremely Low Frequency (ELF; 0-300 Hz) Electromagnetic Fields since 1980. From the beginning of 1998, we have also focused on Biological Effects of Radiofrequency (RF) Fields and their standards. You can reach some related informations about Biological Effects of RF and ELF Electromagnetic Fields with links in our web site; http://www.med.gazi.edu.tr/akd/temel/biyofizik/linkler.html .
Also our publications on the subject are given in our web site; http://www.med.gazi.edu.tr/akd/temel/biyofizik/bolumhakkinda.html.

World Health Organization has started International EMF (Electromagnetic Field; for 0-300 GHz frequencies) Project in 1996 and that project will continue up to 2005. Related information about project, project meetings, some important studies, standards etc are available on WHO project web site; http://www.who.int/peh-emf/

A valuable reference on RF biological effects is the book written by Prof. Dr. Charles Polk who was my friend (he is not living any more) is POLK; C. and POSTOW, E.: Handbook of Biological Effects of Electromagnetic Fields, pp 435-533,  Second Edition, CRC Press, Florida, USA, (1996).

Medical Collage of Wisconsin (MCW) published a document; Cellular Phone Antennas (Mobile Phone Base Stations) and Human Health, this document is available at    http://www.mcw.edu/gcrc/cop/cell-phone-health-FAQ/toc.html on line.You can find some important references from that site.

With best regards,

Prof. Dr. Nesrin SEYHAN (Ms.)
Head,
Biophysics Dept.