RE: Health department presentation

Kim, keep in mind that these individuals, a local hd, and I worked in one in

los angeles, need the basic understanding of radiation, its characteristics

that are of practical importance and information on how to make practical

risk management decisions on other scenarios other than a dirty bomb.  There

is not much to need to know regarding dirty bomb situations except seek

treatment immediately and to believe the agency reports on concerns from

such scenarios because unlike chemicals and biologicals, this "agent" is

easily tracked and quantified. Dirty bomb effects and area of effects will

be limited.

Should such an event occur, health workers may have direct involvement or

other activities in the area and this is where the radiation safety training

will come in handy. The information I sent was for the latter purpose. Now

that I read "conference presentation", is sounds as though the request is

for someone to spend 60 minutes as a pontificate on such things as dirty

bombs, nuclear plant scenarios and du. Let me know how it goes. I do similar

such presentations, though in training formats. My requests usually involve

a desire to combine immunology(chem./bio), microbiology and radiation.