RE: NOT Off topic

Barbara,

Try NUREG -1492, "Regulatory Analysis on Criteria for the Release of

Patients Administered Radioactive Material."  For Tc-99m they consider the

exposure rate of 0.0756 R/Ci-hr at 1 meter.  The typical Tc-99m-labled MDP

dose is 25 mCi.  With a physical half-life of 6 hr (worst case for Tc-99m

compounds), the radioactivity would decay before the patient could get

through security at the airport.

-- John

John Jacobus, MS

Certified Health Physicist