RE: Securing the Energy Future of the US - IEER URL

This report assumes that consumption more or less stays the same.  I am not sure how these great plans can even be possible given the population growth in the world... and according to scientists at Cornell University "Animal protein production requires more than eight times as much fossil-fuel energy than production of plant protein while yielding animal protein that is only 1.4 times more nutritious for humans than the comparable amount of plant protein,"  so if we are worried about energy use, then we need to worry about the increasing population and the increasing fascination with McDonalds and beef consumption around the world...  so from strictly the casual observer, if you are increasing the population and you are increasing the food supply from animal protein and you are increasing the lifestyles of the growing populations, how can these simplistic energy plans ever stand a chance of working?? they are naive at best and don't address the true problems... in a world of !

finite resources... you can only support a finite population...

Patricia Milligan, RPh, CHP

US NRC

301-415-2223

>>> "Mercado, Don" <don.mercado@LMCO.COM> 03/28/02 01:19PM >>>

I read this and it is typical of a Democratic agenda. More rules,

regulations and HUGE government oversight, taking away from the free market

and free will. Tax and spend.