Re: Anti Nuke Hypocrisy and DDP Meeting

Members of CARE , Livermore's "Citizens Against a Radioactive Environment", also

fearmonger global warming from CO 2.

Counteracting both is our Doctors for Disaster Preparedness meeting 7/27 and

7/28 at the Sheraton Colorado Springs. Zebroski (Advanced Nuclear Reactors),

Wood (LLNL Dir), Baliunas and Soon (ozone and CO2) and 16 others will speak and

respond to questions. All with scientific interest are welcome. Call

520-325-2680.

Hopefully, HPs will use scientific data rather than irrational fears to promote

nuclear power. CO 2 is an essential building block of plants,  the reason  more

enters the USA on prevailing winds than leaves the east coast ( increasing

forests).

PETITION     [Circulated by Frederick Seitz, Past Pres., Nat. Academy of

Sciences, USA, President Emeritus, Rockefeller University and volunteers without

commercial interest].

“We urge the United States government to reject the global warming agreement

that was written in Kyoto, Japan in December, 1997, and any similar proposals.

The proposed limits on greenhouse gases would harm the environment, hinder the

advance of science and technology, and damage the health and welfare of mankind.

There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide,

methane or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future,

cause catastrophic heating of the Earth’s atmosphere and disruption of the

Earth’s climate. Moreover there is substantial scientific evidence that

increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many beneficial effects upon the

natural plant and animal environments of the Earth.”

 [17,000  + signatures available at www.oism.org-pproject]

Howard Long