Re: MRFA

In a message dated 4/6/02 4:45:40 PM Pacific Standard Time, RuthWeiner@AOL.COM writes:

Accident releases, and consequent radiation dose risks, for accidents whose severity exceeds that of 10 CFR Part 71 Subpart E are estimated as follows:

Seems to me that the scenarios are ending too soon.  The consequences of these accidents all have costs associated with them, not just dose.  In fact the dollar cost of repairs, recovery, and clean up may be the significant feature of  the accident, especially those that may include release of material.  By stopping the analysis at the dose, rather than going on to estimate costs of recovery we miss the value impact of the study.  Ruth, does the study cover cost estimates of recovery or just dose consequences?

John Andrews
Knoxville, Tennessee